These tips will definitely come in handy if you want to be able to cook the most delicious salads!
- The overly sour taste of sorrel can be softened by cooking with other herb, cottage cheese, apples, or nuts.
- Dandelion leaves for salads are best harvested in spring, later bitterness appears in them. It is better to pick gently green, young leaves.
- So that dandelion leaves do not taste bitter, they are put in water for a while.
- Withered lettuce leaves can be refreshed by holding them for 15 minutes in warm water.
- Withered greens of dill, celery and parsley will become fresh again if you put them in water with vinegar for an hour.
- Parsley, dill and mint will stay fresh for several days in dry weather when placed in a tightly closed dry container.