It’s actually pretty easy to make a great steak. The main thing is to be attentive to the process. For a truly perfect steak, follow the six basic rules.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Blot the meat with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Season with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for 10-20 minutes.
- Prepare your grill for direct high heat (230-290 ° C).
- Cook the steak for 1 minute per centimeter of thickness on each side (that is, if the steak is 3 cm thick, then 3 minutes on each side). This will give you a medium-rare steak.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it “rest” on the board as much as you grilled it (read our other article on why steaks need “rest”). Season it again with salt and pepper to taste, and then serve.