We’ve prepared tips for you to make the most delicious pizza base! This recipe is for one rectangular pizza (25 x 35 cm) or two round pizzas with a diameter of 30 cm.
- In a small bowl, stir in warm water (40-46 ° C) 1 tsp. Sahara. Pour in 1 tsp. dry yeast and stir. Cover loosely and let stand for about 5 minutes, until foam forms.
- In a food processor with a dough attachment, mix 2 cups wheat flour with 1 tbsp. l. olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt. Combine the ingredients in a pulse mode. Add diluted yeast and 1/2 cup lukewarm water (not as warm as for yeast fermentation). Mix until a soft dough is obtained and continue kneading for 1 minute.
- Powder your hands lightly with flour and remove the dough. Knead with your hands for another minute. Place in a bowl dipped in olive oil. Turn the dough over so that the top is also covered with butter. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place the bowl in a larger bowl, half full of warm water.
- Let it rise for 1-1.5 hours until the dough has doubled in volume. Do not crush. Lightly dust the work surface with flour. Place the dough on top of it carefully. Quickly knead and stretch the dough with your hands into a 25 x 35 cm rectangular slab. Sprinkle cornmeal on a large wooden pizza spade or baking sheet without a rim.
- Place the dough on a spade or baking sheet near the edge. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a flat baking stone or baking sheet on the lowest rack in the oven at 250 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the dough and place the filling on the crust. Bring a shovel or baking sheet to the edge of a heated pizza stone or baking sheet. Briskly shake the pizza onto a stone or baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes until light brown and bubbles form on the filling.