These tips will definitely come in handy if you want to cook the most delicious salads!
- Do not store chopped vegetables and herbs for a long time – vitamin C is oxidized under the influence of atmospheric oxygen.
- Salads should not be salted and seasoned in advance, so that they do not let the juice out and cause poisoning. Do this just before serving.
- When preparing salads, vegetables should be cut with a stainless steel knife, since vitamin C is destroyed in contact with iron.
- It is better to cut raw vegetables on plastic or porcelain planks, since wood will absorb juice.
- Radish for salads will lose its acrid taste and unpleasant odor if you first grate it, then rinse it several times with cold water, put it in a colander and, after the liquid has swollen, add it to the salad.
- Apples for salad will not darken if, after peeling and slicing, put them in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Salad potatoes will not darken when boiled with a little vinegar.