A properly fried steak will become a decoration of any table, and it is absolutely not necessary to light up the grill for this, you can cook it in your home kitchen. Today we will tell you a few secrets of how to prepare this dish.
- The classic size of a steak is a meat tenderloin 3 cm thick and weighing 400 g, and such proportions were not chosen by chance. They are established through the experiments of many chefs, so their experience should not be neglected. The mass of a piece of meat can be more, some deviations in thickness in the range of 2.5-4 cm are also allowed. But keep in mind that the further you are from ideal, the more difficult it is to choose the time of frying.
- Do not cook a steak on an empty stomach. The logic of this secret is very simple if you are drooling, then keeping the meat on the fire for the right time is extremely difficult.
- Salt, pepper, and other spices are rubbed into the meat 10-15 minutes before cooking. If you are not a fan of a lot of spices, then just take a knife and gently peel them off the surface of the steak before you start frying.
- Steak is a lazy dish and likes to relax. Therefore, the meat is taken out of the refrigerator in advance, about 60 minutes before the start of cooking. And after it is cooked, do not rush to start eating, let the steak lie down for 3-4 minutes.
- Proper roasting implies the formation of an appetizing crust at the beginning of the process. To do this, the grill or frying pan (be sure to use special grill pans) must be very hot. To form the desired crust, the meat is fried for 4 minutes on each side.
- The frying formula is as follows, 8 minutes per crust, 4 times on each side. And then two times for two minutes on each side, that is, 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 to bring the meat to the desired condition. If the weight of the steak is more than 500 g, then the number of roasting cycles on each side for 2 minutes is increased by 1.5 or 2 times.
- The steak is tender and requires proper handling. Turn the meat over with a spatula or special tongs, no punctures or cuts. It is forbidden to press the meat against the grill to speed up the cooking. To assess the readiness of the steak, briefly press on it with the edge of the spatula, the finished meat is more elastic. You will learn this art over time, but first focus on the mass of meat and the time of frying, do not hesitate to set a timer for additional time control.