Charlotte is probably the most popular apple pie. From our article, you will see that the preparation consists in simple mixing of the ingredients, as a result of which an airy sponge cake with the most delicate apple filling is obtained.
- Traditional charlotte is made from apples. Antonovka is considered the best apple for a pie. The pronounced sourness of Antonov apples perfectly complements the taste of sweet biscuit.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom to the batter for a flavorful pie. A pinch of ginger will add a light piquancy to the cake. When adding spices, don’t overdo it.
- Finely grated lemon zest will give the charlotte taste a finishing touch.
- Sugar can be replaced with honey. Put the chopped apples in a bowl with honey. If the honey is candied, then melt it first.
- The first thing to do before you start making charlotte is to turn on the oven. Preparatory procedures will take 15-20 minutes, during which time the temperature should rise to 180-200 ° С
- Making a biscuit for charlotte is very simple. To do this, you need to separate the whites of the four eggs from the yolks, cool them and beat them separately until a stable foam. Continuing to beat, gradually add 1 glass of sugar and 1 glass of flour to the proteins. At the very end, add four yolks and beat together again. The biscuit prepared in this way will not settle, but will turn out to be fluffy and tender.
- Apples for charlotte are washed and wiped dry, cut into slices or pieces, while removing the core. Some housewives recommend peeling the peel from the apples, but this is unnecessary. When baked, the rind becomes soft and gives the taste a sour taste.