The skill of making cakes at home can be learned very quickly, even if you had no previous experience in making pastries and baking. But this is possible only if you listen to the advice of experienced chefs. Then you will not only learn how to cook beautiful and delicious cakes for your family, but also bring additional income to your family’s pocket with your hobby.
- You need to start with a simple recipe, or even better with cupcakes or simple pies. Having honed your baking skills on them, you can proceed to more complex recipes and baking cakes for cakes and pastries.
- Having chosen a cake recipe for an experiment, you do not need to immediately rush into the kitchen to check for the availability of necessary products, run to the store for missing ingredients, etc. Sit down, open your computer and carefully study all the subtleties of cooking, techniques and techniques used by more experienced pastry chefs … It will not be out of place to pay attention to the mistakes they made, because here you can do without personal experience, and make cooking your own cake a pleasure.
- The moment of decoration is also very important. You should not immediately rush to extremes and take up complex techniques – decorating with mastic, mirror glaze and curd cream. If you want to make a pleasant surprise, but are not yet very friendly with the creation of cakes, then choose a simple cake recipe and find out what kind of icing for a cake is easy to make. Having evaluated your capabilities objectively, you will make your cake the main decoration of the table.
- If you have free finances, then you can take a master class. With a few lessons from a pro, you will have knowledge that took a long time to get through trial and error. Plus, baking your first cake under the guidance of an experienced chef is worth a lot. So you will deprive yourself of unnecessary hassle and a lot of spoiled food. And by the way, you can save money on school if you have a grandmother who bakes delicious cakes from your childhood.
- The process of making cakes is a kind of philosophy, therefore, choosing such a hobby for yourself, ask what they bake in different countries on different holidays. At the same time, this way you can diversify your family’s festive table.
- You need to learn to bake gradually. It doesn’t happen that unexpectedly you bake croquembush. And don’t be upset about small failures. Remember, every professional was once an amateur. Simply, he has already passed the thorny path of training, and you are at the beginning.
- Buy a good cookbook with baking recipes. Even in the cheapest edition, you can find many useful tips.