For several centuries, the technology of making pizza has hardly undergone any changes – except that the ovens became gas and electric. And everything else, including the obligatory manual preparation of the dough, remained traditional. Real Italian pizza, despite all the speed of its preparation, does not like fuss: all processes should proceed clearly and measuredly.
- Pizza is a rather simple product, and any housewife can bake it. At home, pizza is made in several ways: baked in the oven or in the microwave, stewed or fried – here the flight of your imagination is unlimited.
- If you decide to bake your pizza in the oven, it is best to knead the yeast dough. Let it stand for 30-60 minutes before baking. The dough must be precipitated 2 times and only then can it be laid out in the mold.
- You can bake pizza in the oven in 2 ways – on a baking sheet or in a frying pan, and its thickness should be at least 2 mm. Thin baking pans are not suitable! Grease the baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- The frying pan has a lot of advantages over baking on a baking sheet: the dough is easily removed, practically does not burn; you can bake different pizzas and put different toppings.
- When baking sweet pizza, you can also use cooking oil, which is then sprinkled with flour to prevent the dish from burning.
- You don’t have to roll out the pizza crust – the dough is laid out on a baking sheet and evenly stretched with your fingers over the entire surface so that its edges hang slightly over the edges. Before putting the dough in the oven, it needs to stand for 5-7 minutes.
- If you prefer to bake pizza in a frying pan – the classic round shape, generously grease the bottom and edges with vegetable oil, as the dough will rise a lot, and then sprinkle a little with semolina – so that the finished pizza can be freely removed from the mold. Put the dough in a skillet and place in a warm place for 10-15 minutes, and then in the oven.
- Before baking, the pan, like the oven, is heated to the required temperature, a small amount of vegetable oil is poured to lubricate the bottom and soak the pizza, and heated. Then spread the dough, fry on one side, and remove from the pan.