Even taking into account the simplicity of making a pie, there are certain subtleties and secrets, knowing which, you can cook the perfect charlotte – lush and tall, which will not grow stale over time, and not a single unbaked crumb will remain in the cake.
- Put the thinly sliced apples in a mold and cover with the dough, give the dough a little time to fill the voids between the apples.
- It is better to use a high baking dish with a diameter of 21-24 centimeters; in wider forms, the pie will turn out to be not so high and lush.
- Charlotte is baked for 30-40 minutes at 180 ° C in a preheated oven. This is where the first mistake lies, which inexperienced cooks make. Make sure to preheat the oven at least 15 minutes before baking the pie.
- A small heat-resistant container of water can be placed on the bottom of the oven. The water will gradually evaporate, and the charlotte will be baked in a little humid air, and pies are very fond of it.
- Never open the oven when baking charlotte. From any draft, the biscuit will settle and turn into a sticky, dry and hardly edible mass.
- When the cake is browned, turn off the oven, but do not open it. Let the charlotte stand there for another 10-15 minutes. This trick will help preserve the splendor and height of the biscuit.
- The readiness of the pie can be determined by the color of the top and sides of the charlotte. The cake should be fairly browned, but not start to burn.
- It is best to serve charlotte hot, 15-20 minutes after cooking. A ball of creamy ice cream or sour cream will perfectly set off the taste of a fragrant, hot pie.