They joke that the ancient Romans were the first to invent steaks during the sacrifice to the gods. Apparently, some priest furtively licked his fingers, and … did not carry the victim to the altar. I ate, I was not afraid of the gods. But, perhaps, this is speculation. People obviously learned how to roast meat before they built altars.
The next milestone in steak history was the discovery of America. After Columbus, Europeans arrived there and brought with them cows of various breeds: LongHorn, Hereford, and Angus. This laid the foundation for American barbecue culture.
In 1735, the world’s first Steak Club opened in England. It even included members of the royal family. And the club existed for over a hundred years. Until now, one of the varieties of steaks bears its name – club steak.
- Look for steaks with good marbling. The best is the meat of young (150-180 days old) grain-fed gobies. Look for information on the label.
- A rib-eye steak is best for pan cooking. It is versatile. The name comes from two English words rib-eye, i.e. “Rib” and “eye”. The rib is where the cut comes from, and the eye is its cross-sectional shape, which is also inherited by ribeye steaks. The abundance of fatty layers, the very marbling of the meat, quickly melt when frying, making the ribeye the juiciest and most unpretentious of all steaks to cook.
- Before cooking the steak, you need to lie down a little so that it reaches room temperature. If you took a steak out of the refrigerator, where the temperature is “zero”, leave the meat on the plate for half an hour.
- Salt and pepper the meat before putting it in the pan or grill.
- You can make seasoning with salt, water, spices, lemon juice, and rosemary. Pour the steaks directly on the grill.
- After frying on each side at the maximum temperature, reduce it to 100-120 ° C. If you are cooking at home, just turn the heat down. When grilling, simply increase the distance from the grate to the coals.
- Use tongs or a spatula to turn the steaks. But, by no means a plug! Otherwise, the juice will flow out.
- The total cooking time for steaks to Medium level is about 7 minutes.
- Before serving, put a small piece of butter in a skillet, directly on top of the meat, cover with foil and leave for 5-8 minutes. The steaks will be delicious!