Very important tips that will definitely come in handy!
- Any vegetables are suitable for salads: fresh, boiled, pickled, salted, as well as fruits (fresh, canned, dried). For meat salads, boiled meat, eggs, ham, sausage are used.
- When preparing salads, vegetables are thoroughly washed: roots – with a brush, lettuce, spinach and sorrel – in a spacious dish in cold water “afloat”. The water is changed several times, while taking out the leaves.
- The salads are served nicely and neatly to whet the appetite. Place them in a salad bowl or on a dish without pressing or smoothing the surface.
- The components of the salad are cut into small slices, cubes, strips; radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes – in circles.
- The salad is first mixed with sauce or dressing in a bowl or saucepan, and then transferred to a salad bowl so that the edges remain clean. The finished salad is poured on top with the remnants of the dressing and decorated.
- The components of the salad can be placed in a salad bowl or dish in layers, without mixing them, and pour the sauce on top. It depends on the type of salad.
- Beans for salad will cook faster if you add a little sugar to the water.
- If raw onions are used in the salad, then it must be finely chopped, put in a colander, rinsed with boiling water and immediately cooled with cold water. This will make it tastier, and the unpleasant smell will disappear.
- Green peas for salad should not be boiled in salt water, as they remain firm for a long time.