These tips will be very helpful to you!
- If the salad is prepared from early white cabbage, then after shredding it is placed in boiling water for 2-3 minutes to eliminate the bitter taste.
- To remove worms from cabbage intended for salads, you need to soak it in salted or acidified water for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse with cold water.
- If the salad is prepared with red cabbage, then it must be scalded with boiling water, then it will become softer.
- Cut the tomatoes for the salad with a sharp knife, as otherwise a lot of juice will flow out.
- Sometimes peeled tomatoes are used in salads. In order for it to separate easily, immerse a fresh tomato in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- If the salad is made from tomatoes, then it is better to use lemon juice instead of vinegar when seasoning it.
- Mayonnaise in a salad can be replaced with sour cream if you add pounded yolk of a hard-boiled egg and 1 teaspoon of mustard to it.
- Salad should be seasoned with oil after it has been salted, since salt does not dissolve in oil.
- When dressing salads, you can use rhubarb juice instead of lemon juice.