Paleo is on everyone’s lips. But what do you actually eat for breakfast in Stone Age diets when cereals are taboo? We have a great paleo breakfast recipe for you with just 2 ingredients.
We usually eat sandwiches or toast, porridge or cereal for breakfast. However, as part of a Paleo diet, these foods are taboo. But eating only omelets or scrambled eggs as an alternative is sure to get boring for Paleoans in the long run. With these great “muffins” there is variety on the table and on the menu. The ingenious thing: They consist of only two ingredients, are quick to make, and are 100 percent Paleo.
2-ingredient paleo breakfast
- 1 medium sweet potato (washed and peeled)
- 4 large eggs
Paleo breakfast: Here’s how
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease four wells of a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Using a grater, finely grate the peeled sweet potato into a medium bowl. Then spread between the four muffin tins with your fingers and press down on the edges so that a crust can form.
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for 5-8 minutes. Be careful not to turn them black.
- Carefully remove the muffin pan from the oven and crack an egg into each cup.
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the egg whites are set.
- Allow the paleo muffins to cool before removing them from the pan.