Mastering the art of making juicy and mouth-watering steaks is easy. The main thing is to strictly follow several rules and remember the difficulties that both beginners and regulars of the kitchen may encounter.
- The steak should only be prepared with fresh, chilled meat. The meat is usually brought to room temperature before frying. If the steak has been frozen, leave it in the refrigerator overnight. Wipe the meat dry before starting the cooking process.
- The width of the meat is also very important. Ideally, this is a piece of 2.5 to 4 centimeters.
If you cut the meat yourself and at home, then it is worth remembering one simple rule: cut it strictly across the fibers.
- For steak, use a heavy skillet or grill pan. They make it easier for you to control the temperature and the frying process in general.
- It is important to preheat the pan correctly. It should be very hot, but not smoke. Otherwise, the meat will burn on the outside before it can cook on the inside. The steak should sizzle as it touches the surface of the pan.
- It is better to start frying meat at high temperatures, and then switch to lower ones. This will ensure even roasting and prevent the meat from losing its flavor and color.
Typically, cook a medium-rare steak for 4 minutes on each side. Meat with the blood takes 1-3 minutes.
- Fully fried steak is fried for 3 minutes on each side over high heat and then cooked until fully cooked for 6-8 minutes. However, you should still carefully monitor the meat, because the cooking time can vary depending on several factors.
- The steak can be flipped frequently. This will ensure even frying, and the edges of the steak will not dry with this technique. If you decide to turn it over rarely, only 2-4 times during the cooking process, then the final result will be a beautiful lattice pattern. However, only if you are grilling the steak.
- You can check the readiness of the steak with your fingers. To do this, lightly press down on the steak with your fingertip. The bloody steak is soft and pliable to the touch; well done – hard; medium roast is a cross between the two previous options.
- After the meat is ready, you need to remove it with special cooking tongs and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- If you are afraid that the steak will cool, then use food foil. You should not neglect this rule, because this is the only way to get a really juicy, mouth-watering, and delicious dinner.
- The steak is best served on warm plates. Knives must be sharply sharpened.