For many, steak is chicken, pork, lamb, fried in a pan or charcoal. However, we need just beef – juicy, with a rich taste. Everything else is an attempt to replace marbled meat.
By the way, how do you get it? To do this, the bulls are fed their fill for 4-6 months. How long the animal will have a feast for the whole world depends on the category that is later assigned to the carcasses. For example, prime is a real benchmark from which great steaks are made. The most popular product is chosen, followed by select. Most restaurateurs use choice – this is the best option: it is moderately greasy, moderately tender.
- For cooking, you need to take only fresh meat. It should be chilled. Leave it to lie down just before grilling to warm it up to room temperature.
- We remind you: the dish in question can only be made from beef. Other options (lamb, pork, chicken, fish) can also be grilled, but this does not make them a steak.
- The ideal thickness for portions is 2.5 to 4 cm.
- If you have uncut marbled meat, it doesn’t matter. It must be cut strictly across the fibers.
- Tender pieces are prepared from the back muscles – the least loaded.