Everything you need to know to make it as simple, delicious and healthy as possible. Rice will not stick to your hands, and sushi will not fall apart.
- Sushi fish should be cold, as should the hands of the cook. You can even dip them in ice water before cooking.
- The ingredients for nigiri sushi are cut into thin slices, for maki sushi (rolls) – in cubes.
- A sharp and long knife should be used for slicing. It, like your hands, can be moistened in a weak solution of rice vinegar (2-3 tablespoons per glass of water) to prevent the ingredients from sticking.
- Some types of sushi require a bamboo mat to form. If not, you can use a regular kitchen towel covered with cling film.
- Do not prepare sushi in advance or in reserve. It is a dish to be eaten right away as it has a shelf life of only a few hours.